It was a super rough week and I was feeling like I was never going to make it through. Just stress upon stress upon stress. Ugh. I was up late grading papers on Thursday night and getting stuff ready for work for the next few weeks when, all of a sudden, I got a text from Scott, asking if I was still awake. When I responded that I was, he called me and asked me if I wanted to go see Newsies on Saturday night at the Pantages. We had talked about it before and both wanted to see it; plus, after the week I was having, I needed something fun to look forward to! His family had already bought tickets, but Scott thought he would be participating in a play that weekend, so he didn't plan on going. However, he ended up doing a different play instead, so he was suddenly available! We weren't able to get tickets to sit near his family, but we were able to get tickets elsewhere in the theater. I had stuff going on during the day and he had play rehearsal until 5 pm, so we weren't able to join his family for dinner, beforehand, like we had hoped. Instead, we decided to grab something to eat on the way out there. As we drove, we really didn't see anything we really wanted to eat that would've been convenient, so once we got to LA, we searched the GPS for Panera and found one 5.5 miles away. In reality, it was WAY more than 5.5 miles and, after going on several different freeways, we found ourselves in Glendale. It was kind of downtown, so we had to park on the street (fortunately we found a spot) and search for the restaurant. At this point, we were really starting to cut it close on time, so we were rushing down the street trying to find it. When we finally got there, the man in front of us took approximately 45 years to complete his order and Scott and I were dying laughing just because of the predicament we were in! We ordered quickly and then waited a bit for our food. They handed us our bags and we rushed to the car at lightning speed! We ate our food on the way there and made it to the parking lot with about 15 minutes to spare. His mom, uncle, and one of his cousins were in the lobby and so we were able to see them for a minute before the show. Once we got to our seats, we were able to take a breath and, of course, a selfie because a night like this definitely needs to be documented!
Scott's not a huge fan of pictures, but he knows I am, so he's always a really good sport about it, which I greatly appreciate!
Once the show started, we quickly realized that all of the crazy rushing around to get there was well-worth it! It was amazing from the first moment. The sets were awesome and really kind of unconventional, yet perfect for the show. The acting, music, and choreography were excellent, and we had a great time!
After the show, we all met up in the lobby and took a picture together.
Scott's mom rode home with Scott and me and we all had fun talking over some McDonald's shakes and cookies. Thank goodness for drive-thrus that are open late! It was a great night with great people and great entertainment! And, as always, I'm already looking forward to our next adventure!
No comments:
Post a Comment