Monday, January 18, 2010

2009 In Review: April

Well...to my knowledge, I have no pictures of anything I did in April, which is strange. I was having an inordinate amount of job related stress and decided that I really need a pick-me-up. So, where better to go than General Conference. I admit I payed hooky from work for a few days, simply using the excuse, "What are they gonna do? Fire me!?!" I had sick days left anyways ;) I'm so glad that I went! It was uplifting and afforded me some time away from all of the pink slip and losing my job stuff and just gave me some time to be alone and reassess. It was pretty cool because I actually ran into some friends at conference that I hadn't really gotten to hang out with much. My friend, Valerie, actually ended up sitting right by me, eventhough the confernce center was full of thousands of people. She had never really been to Salt Lake City before and so we got together after conference and I showed her around Temple Square and all of that. It was then that we actually became friends, rather than acquaintances.
It was also pretty cool because I got to visit with Diane. While there, she did my taxes (bless her for that one!) AND we started planning out our trip to Ireland and Scotland! I think we decided in February that we were going to go. We spent hours looking through travel guides and looking stuff up online. She's way better at that stuff than I am, so I'm glad she did most of the scheduling. It had been snowing in Salt Lake, so I was very glad that it stopped snowing just in time for Daniel, Nay, and I to make it back home in safety.

No comments: