So...June! I got super sick while on my Euro trip and I actually had to have emergency surgery. My parents picked me up from the airport and took me straight to the ER where I was immediately admitted and rushed into surgery just an hour or so later. It was a rough recovery time. Fortunately I only spent 4 days in the hospital. They were going to have me stay a full 7, but gave me the option after 4 days. The second they said that I could go home if I wanted to, I got out of that bed as quickly as I could, which, at that point, was not very fast. Then, I was put on home rest for the next 4 weeks and a nurse came to treat me and change my bandages every other day. Basically, I did not leave the house for the month of June, except when I snuck out to go to Sixth Grade Promotion ceremony. BUT I lived! During this time, I experienced many tender mercies in the form of an amazingly kind and understanding nurse, the most supportive family in the world, the most loyal group of friends, and the most loving Heavenly Father. During this time, I know that I was being watched over and protected; the Savior's atonement is real and He did it for me...for us! It was comforting to know that I would not be given anything that I could not handle. I didn't always deal with my pain, frustration, etc. in the best ways, but when I was thinking clearly, I knew the truth and could feel my Savior's influence in my life. At the end of the month, I had miraculously healed enough for my doctor to allow me to go on vacation with my family (the doctor was even shocked that I had healed enough)! There are no pictures of June because, quite frankly, I felt and looked like crap! lol But, again...I lived!
No comments:
Post a Comment