Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Build-A-Bear!!!

At Christmastime, Costco has all kinds of magical things to buy and many of them are great deals!  Build-A-Bear has been on my bucket list for a long time, now, and when I saw a deal for it at Costco, I grabbed it right away!  And then I put it back.  I put it back FOUR times!  Then, one day, I grabbed it and did NOT put it back!  Instead, I decided to use it on a magical adventure!  I get to have lots of Aunty Rach adventures with my other nephews, but Danny lives in Utah, currently, and I don't get to see him very often.  So, it seemed like the perfect outing for us to go on since he loves stuffed animals so much!  And, of course, I would be getting one too, since it's on my bucket list!  What was even cooler is that my mom also joined us!
At first, Danny was determined to get a polar bear, but when we got there and there were no polar bears, he quickly recovered and chose an adorable giraffe!  As he held the giraffe, which had not yet been stuffed, he looked at me and said, "Lets get out of here!" as he gestured and walked toward the door!  That was easy!  He didn't even want it stuffed!  He's too cute!  Waiting in such a long line was an adventure, but worth it because seeing Danny do the heart ceremony for his animal was adorable!  Here, he's giving his giraffe's heart a kiss...
 and then placing it inside!  I guess it's a little weird when you think about it, but it was so cute!!!

Once the giraffe was stuffed and sewn together, he had to bathe it and he did a very thorough job, giving it several baths!  

Next, he chose a Spider-Man outfit for it and we dressed it up.
 And he gave it lots of hugs!  He is SO adorable!

Then, it was my turn!  I chose a Snow White outfit for my bear!
 And Danny helped me put the shoes on her.
 All done!
Danny and Grandma!  <3 p="">
 Afterwards, we stopped at Sonic for slushies.  Danny specifically asked for a "raspberry blue"!  Next, we went to my apartment where we did a couple of puzzles and hung out for a little while.
 Grandmas give the best hugs and my mom is an adorable grandma!
 It was a fun day!



No comments: